12:38 PM

My Daddy Can Do Anything!

Soft sand flew up in the air and landed on the beach warmed by the sun from an expansive sky.  The sea iridescent in hues of violet and azure blues lapped at the shore.  Kevin and Marta were hard at it.  Castles with stick moats emerged from pressed sand and little crabs scurried to dodge the pudgy fingers of children at play.  They had been talking about their parents and were in a verbal dodge ball game of who was the best.  

"My mommy can bake great big cakes that look like turtles!" Marta said with childish pride.  "As big as a table!  For my birthday she made me a big, big cake.  It was a turtle.  The frosting was kinda yukky green but it tasted good."

Kevin never one to be outdone stood up in his full four-foot frame, stuck out his willowy chest and declared, "My daddy can do anything!  It doesn't matter what it is or where.  He can do anything!"

Anything.  A selah word, don't you think?  (Selah:  Hebrew for stop and listen.)

Simple as a child.  His was a trusting belief that was singleness of heart, steadfast in thought, and executed with clarity.  Faith doesn't have to be convoluted nor trust a Jello-pudding experience when push comes to shove with life's challenges.  A king once said, "Unite my heart to fear your name."  In other words, "Make me single-minded so that I can be so convinced that you'll take care of everything simply because of who You are, God.  Boy, I can't do this on my own.  I always make a muck of it.  My heart is splintered by trusting in wrong things.  Mend me, Lord."  

And "fear your name."  Know what "fear" is?  In the fear of the Lord it's simply displaying a royal protocol to approach the Lord.  It's having a reverence for His majesty.  Let me put it this way.  If I was called to court today -- the closest analogy being the Queen of England in today's parlance -- I really don't think I'd show up with shorts, a baggy sweatshirt, hair all askew, unbathed for a week smacking chewing gum.  I'd prepare myself properly to meet her in mind, heart, and speech.  I wouldn't be afraid or fearful -- but I'd certainly have respect for her and for her court.   Once I presented to her my request (if any) if she proclaimed an official edict over me and gave me the papers to prove it, I'd have no hesitancy believing it would be carried out down to the last letter.  


Thing is, the King of the universe did the same thing for you.  He prepared everything for you down to the last letter.  He paid a price for you.  A heart-stopping price.  (You're that valuable.)  And He will turn over heaven and earth if you will trust him.  He gave an edict, He pronounced a covenant over you, and gave the papers to prove it.  You're a card-carrying royal.  There's no need to worry or fret, pout or complain, whine or be depressed.  Implicit virgin trust can turn out to be your life's most surprising and valuable gift.  When all's said and done there's only one thing to say with absolute confidence:


My Daddy can do ANYTHING!  Believe it.  You have His word on it.


"For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment."  (Luke 1:37 Amplified)

0 comments: